Welcome to ELIBIM ENTERTAINMENT......

WAZIRI OPENS UP,SAYS NO REGRET SERVING NIGERIA

The sacked former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mrs. Farida Waziri on Saturday said she had accepted her exit in good faith saying it was destined by God to happen.
She also stated that fighting corruption in Nigeria was like holding the tiger by the tail.

Speaking on behalf of honorary graduands at the 11th and 12th combined convocation ceremonies of Benue State University, Makurdi, she said, “Our resolve does not end here. As chairman of the EFCC, my colleagues and I worked tirelessly over the last few years to ensure stability in governance and polity of the country.
“Our attempts to sensitise the polity by fighting corruption were aimed at providing our country a corrupt-free society that will engender foreign direct investments that will in turn provide wider job opportunities for our teeming graduates; the rest is now history.
“I have done my best and I want to sincerely thank President Goodluck Jonathan for the opportunity to serve his administration until few days ago. I have taken my removal from office in good faith because I believe that’s the way God wants it. This is why I am greatly relieved that I made history as EFCC chairman and I do not have any regret for serving my fatherland because I am leaving with all sense of honour and humility.
“I have said before now that fighting corruption in our country is like holding the tiger by the tail, if care is not taken, the tiger will devour you. But I am grateful to God and all Nigerians who supported us and showed understanding of the difficult terrain we confronted.”
She urged Nigerians to support the President and her successor to successfully fight the scourge.
“It is only with your cooperation and support, that absolute peace and security will be sustained for the development of our country as we strive towards a corrupt-free society,” she said.
Waziri added, “It is clear to me that our country needs more doctors, engineers, scientists, entrepreneurs, technicians and social workers in order to live up to the challenges of globalization, climate change and democracy. Yet we cannot shy away from providing leadership and direction as well as committing more resources to give our children the education they need as citizens of the 21st century.
“I have been reliably informed that the University is in dire need of infrastructural facilities.
“Having identified these challenges, and having just become members of the Alumni of this great University, I pledge on behalf of the other honorees our commitment to actively partner with the university management.”-PUNCH

No comments:

Post a Comment