Welcome to ELIBIM ENTERTAINMENT......

NDLEA ARRESTS SOUTH AFRICAN WOMAN FOR DRUGTRAFFICKING

Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos have arrested a South African lady in connection with drug trafficking. The suspect, 38 year old Nene Fikile Happy-Girl, was to board an Emirates flight to Malaysia when she tested positive to drug ingestion.
According to the Airport Commander, Hamza Umar, the suspect was rushed for a scan and she tested positive for drug ingestion. “She was to go through screening when suddenly she held her stomach and beckoned on security officials demanding to see a doctor. Immediately, she was taken for scan and confirmed positive for narcotic ingestion” the commander stated.

While she was under observation, she excreted 55 wraps of substances that tested positive for methamphetamine weighing 700 grammes. Preliminary investigation revealed that she travelled to Malaysia from South Africa and was recruited there to smuggle drugs from Benin Republic. She ingested the drugs in Cotonou, Benin Republic.
Nene also reacted to the drug while it was in her system and the doctor was invited to assist her overcome the situational reaction to drug ingestion. In her confessional statement, the single mother said that she wanted to make life better for her nineteen year old daughter.
According to Nene, “I am a single mother and I trade to take care of myself and daughter. I visited my friend in Malaysia and it was there I was convinced into coming to Cotonou to collect the drugs. They gave me the drugs in my hotel room and I forced myself to ingest the wraps”.
It was gathered that the original plan was for the suspect to use the airport at Benin Republic but she was diverted to Lagos. “I was asked to go through Lagos. My desire to give my only child the best education made me to engage in drug trafficking. This is my first time and I was scared of death. I reported myself when I was feeling acute pain in my stomach” Nene stated.
The South African embassy had been contacted and some officials had visited her. The anti-drug Agency hinted that she will soon be charged to court in Nigeria. Meanwhile, the Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade has ordered an investigation into the case. Since she was given the drug in Cotonou the investigation may be carried out under the aegis of the West Africa Joint Operations (WAJO) which is an umbrella body of anti-drug operatives in the West African sub-region.
According to Giade, “we hope to dismantle the drug cell that sponsored the suspect. I cannot rule out the possibility of a joint operation since two countries are involved. Certainly no stone shall be left unturned in this case”. The NDLEA boss also expressed concern over the rate at which drug traffickers smuggle drugs into Malaysia in spite of the death penalty for drug offences in that country. A good number of suspects smuggling drugs to Malaysia had been arrested at our airports.

No comments:

Post a Comment